Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Greetings Gabbers!

Okay, so here we go:

In three and a half weeks I will be a college graduate. Holy shitballs, right? Right! And, in anticipation of this momentous event, I have found that I have absolutely no direction. None.

Did anyone see this movie? Story of my life. Kinda scary.

Remember when you were five and your teacher asked you what you wanted to be when you grew up? Well, I wrote that I would "Most Like to Be a Cheerleader" and that I would "Least Like to Be a Doctor." Turns out that's still the case...sort of.

Yeah, I don't think so...

I've given this a lot of thought and it turns out that I have become a quasi-cheerleader. No, I don't wear a "cheerleader" uniform (sorry to ruin that fantasy), but I do find myself, at times, cheering...or gabbing. (Side note: Tried the Doctor thang. Turns out: Ain't MY THANG. More on that later.)

Gah! A Gabber, I am. I Gab about a lot of stuff to pretty much everyone. I Gab about Celebrity gossip (RPattz? KStew? Anyone? ANYONE!?), I Gab about going to the University of Michigan , I Gab about my family, my long-distance redheaded boyfriend, my super brilliant four-month-old niece, my newly-found love of Yoga, and, most recently (and importantly), I Gab about not having an ABSOLUTE CLUE about what I'm going to do with my life once I do graduate in three and a half weeks.
Anyone looking to hire a Robsten Gabber? Anyone???

So, this blog is for those of you out there who are just like me: nervous, scared, clueless, jobless, career-less Gabbers. You are NOT alone out there. And, what do we do? All the time? To our mothers and our friends and our long-distance redheaded boyfriends? We GAB! Ah! I love it. I'm obsessed. It's nuts.

It's okay to Gab. It's great to Gab. It's kind of glamorous to Gab, these days. People have made quite a pretty penny Gabbing in our society (I'm talking to you Perez Hilton and Jill Zarin). So, why not capitalize on it? It's the fear: "Who cares what I have to Gab about?" Yep, been there, done that. But, I've decided to own my fabulous Gabbiness and spread it around and share it with y'all. Because, I kind of, sort of, maybe think that people do care to know that we're not alone on our seemingly 'direction-less' path. And, Gabbing about that is totally and completely LEGIT. I promise.

Live it. Love it. Own it. Know it.
Love,
Gabbily Gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment