Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Getting an 'A' in Gabbing

Hey Gabbers!

You guys are da bomb diggity (yes, all THREE of you! Good Gabs travel fast. Didn't your Jewish mothers ever tell you that?). Aight, so this next topic is something we all know and hate and love to do: We Gab about our work--our homework, that is. But, we don't just Gab for five minutes and then sit down to do our work. Psshh! We are far more crafty than that.

We Make Lists: Heck yes, we do. Credit is due to D for this one. And B. You two are both legendary list-makers. I love it. I'm Gabbing about it. Feel special. Are your "Work Lists" organized by time? Examples include, "3-4:30 PM, POLSCI Paper Outline" or "2-3 hours on POLSCI Paper Outline." But, let's be serious, because that isn't the only thing on your list. Do you include your classes on your list? Your exercise schedule? Do you? DO YOU!? I do, so it's all good.

My To Do List. No Lies.

So, I have a secret for all you list-makers out there, and, in true form, I must Gab about it: The list is not going to come after you and scream, "Yooohoo! You didn't finish me! IMMMMA KILL YOU!" No. That doesn't happen. Unless you're tripping on shrooms or shrooming on trips or something like that. Whatever. You get the point. The amount of time spent organizing The List--making our handwriting look 'pretty', perhaps color-coding classes/assignments, debating if we cross off or erase the task once completed--we could actually be accomplishing our tasks. Gah! A novel idea...

We Yenta About Our Work: First of all, if you don't know what I mean by "Yenta," we need to have a SERIOUS talk. By Yenta, of course, I mean that we Gab to anyone and everyone the following sentence, "Omg _______(Mommy, Roomie, Long-Distance-Redheaded Boyfriend), I have sooooooooo much work! It's crazy." I think I Gabbed that sentence 38 times today. The amount of time we (and by *we*, I mean *I*) spend Gabbing about papers and homework and studying is insane. We could all learn from E (See previous post, "Gabber Gold Medal: For E," to learn all about #gabworthy E). E's a Doer and a Gabber. Like Bethenny Frankel (I may or may not have a SERIOUS Gab-crush on Bethenny Frankel. You decide). She's awesome, FYI.

Let's be Besties. K? K!

Everybody does this. We gab, and yenta, and nag and just downright COMPLAIN about our work instead of actually doing it. This is probably the reason why I am jobless. Actually, I take that back. It's DEFINITELY the reason why I'm jobless. Because, let's face it, it's so much more fun and #gabworthy to Gab about not having a job and/or not being able to get a job in this economic shitstorm than actually having one secured for next year. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

It's 11 PM, and Chelsea's On and It's Not Like I'm Gonna....Yeah, yeah. BEEN THERE. Doing that. Right now. Yeah, we're a weird generation. We do things like this. We justify. And, if you are really going to sit there and deny that you DON'T do this, you're a liar. If you're going to have the audacity and Gab to ME that YOU NEVER DO THIS, you's a damn liar. That's right. I called you a liar. What? WHAT?!

But srsly? We do this shit all the time. We Gab about our work and then we're shocked when it's 1:39 AM on Monday night and the 10-page paper is due at 10:00 AM and we're still not finished. Again, by *we*, I totes mean *I*. The solution? Jury's still out on that one. Am I going to sit here and gab, "Don't Gab about your homework! Do your homework!" Yeah...no. 'Cause, if that was the case, I'd be working on my 10-Page Comm paper that's due in 2 weeks that I kinda/sorta/not really have a topic for instead of blogging about Gabbing about work. Say that five times fast.

The point? The point is that if you think you're the only Gabber out there who procrastinates and then Gabs about procrastinating, then you are WRONG! You are in good company and you are, *gasps*, "NORMAL!" Ahh! Alert the presses!

The good news? Every little thing is going to be all right. You'll get your work done...eventually. And then we can Gab about how you managed to get an 'A' on that paper or in that class. 'Cause you will, 'cause that's how you roll.

Live it. Love it. Own it. Know it. WORK IT!
Love,
Gabbily Gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment